Sunday, June 5, 2011

iPhone tip - How do I add a bookmark to my Home Screen

If you visit the same websites on your iPhone all the time you can add the website to your safari bookmarks as mentioned previously.

But how do I go about adding an icon to my home screen (that looks like an app) that will both open safari AND go to the webpage in one click?

Well, I am glad you asked....here's how:
  • Open Safari and visit the page you want to create a shortcut to.
  • Press the soft button in the middle, bottom of the screen (to the left of the Bookmarks button, it is a square with an arrow in it.)
  • Select "Add to Home Screen"
  • Give it a name and click "Add" at the top of the screen.
  • Now you can visit that site with one click instead of 3!
  •  Make a folder of all your website icons so they are easy to find (well, that would add another click wouldn't it) or organize them all on to one home page.

No comments:

Post a Comment